An X-ray is a form of imaging that allows physicians to accurately diagnose conditions like bone fractures or pneumonia, so that you can quickly get the care you need. Getting an X-ray is a safe and painless procedure that takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
Reasons You Might Need an X-Ray
- You have a fractured bone. The images will help the physician decide how to stabilize the fracture and evaluate whether you need to be referred to an orthopedic specialist for further treatment.
- You experience intense pain or swelling in joints or bones. An X-ray can reveal whether you have a bone fracture, tissue inflammation, or fluid around a joint.
- You have a persistent cough and difficulty breathing. In this case, a chest X-ray may be used to rule out pneumonia.
- Your child has stomach pain and refuses to eat. An X-ray can show intestinal blockages or swallowed non-edible items, such as coins and marbles.
Centers Urgent Care offers a comprehensive range of quality imaging services, including:
- Chest X-rays
- Long bone films
- Extremities (arms and legs)
Centers Urgent Care Advantages
- State-of-the-art X-ray services
- Short wait times
- Convenient and easily accessible walk-in clinics
- Extended hours of operation, including weekends and holidays
- Lower costs compared to the same services at a hospital
We offer X-ray services at all our urgent care centers in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx.
Click on the links below to find out more about our locations.